Thursday, May 11, 2006

On My Mind Tonight:

I have a dog on my right typing arm, so this will probably be short...

How come headlights in the rearview mirror have suddenly become so aggressive? I feel like I'm being flashed continuously these days. Every headlight feels like an assault on my night-time driving. Russ says it's because there's a new kind of headlight, but I think people are becoming more and more jerky on the freeway.

Jesse Gloyd is right. Family Guy, regardless of its popularity, is not all that funny nor original. South Park, on the other hand, rules. So does Conan. But he's not animated.

I went to Claim Jumper last night, despite my strict No-Claim-Jumper, No-Cheesecake-Factory policy. Turns out, they serve good tap water. Darn.

A short piece of mine has been submitted to a neat collection. I'll keep you posted whether or not I get in.

The Bob Dylan documentary, No Direction Home, is rockin'. I find myself wanting to illegally download all his albums now. But I'll refrain -- I'll wait until I get a job and/or money in the form of a contract, and then, indulge my Dylan-mania.

I will not see the DaVinci Code movie. I read the book and it sucked. Honestly, how many times did Dan Brown forget about the developing love-relationship between Sophie and Langdon and just stick in a random sentence about it at the most awkward times? I read the last chapter to my creative writing class and they laughed. And they were all just beginners. It says a lot about intuition, a la Blink.

Movies I do want to see: Brick, Friends with Money, Thank You For Smoking, Art School Confidential. But I don't want to see them badly enough to get my ass to the theater. I'm feeling happy to Netflix everything these days and stay home. I think that means I'm getting a.) old and b.) lame.

RipRap 28 turned out AMAZING. Props to Chad, Lee, Eitan, and me. But mostly Chad. Get your copy now. The reading was one of those events where every reader kept outshining the one before him/her. It made me so glad to be a writer, who might spend the rest of her life attending these reading thingys. Also, I must give extra props to Chad on his bold myspace song choice. Cry, indeed.

The Target food court is a suprisingly cool place to hang with a good friend. Thanks for the memories, Kristan.

Russ's birthday was on Tuesday and I took him to an amazing restaurant. As we sipped champagne, we got into a really passionate conversation about play and invention. I'm sure everyone around us, including the waiters, thought we were total posers.

His birthday hike is on Saturday. We're going to picnic in Monrovia Library Park. I'm going to administer the famous "Russell" quiz, but hopefully not humiliate him this year as I did last year. Want to know more? You'll have to email me.

I am tired. Tonight I had good wine. I might get to bed at a decent hour.

Or not.

2 comments:

kristan said...

target cafe has the machines with coke on one side and pepsi on the other. im not sure why, but that makes me want to eat exclusively at target in support. too bad the food is horrifying.

sarahww said...

yes, target has a scary hot dog rotisserie, as well as scary, bare-handed employees running the behind-the-counter show. not even thinking about eating there, actually.

but as long is there is coke-pepsi dual option, i will partake.