Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Spooky Day

Some neighbors are just destined to be topics of conversations. This is one that never holds back on the decorations, especially during spooky day. She also has a license plate rim that says, "I pull the wings off fairies." I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I think it has something to do with the fact that her yard, at present, is filled with caged fairies, subjected to pirate-demon tortures.

She's also somewhat of a shadowy, never-seen, decorates-at-night kind of woman. It's probably because of the wing-pulling.





But there's still nothing scarier than a bad haircut and junior high. I worked the lethal combination of both and if I were braver and had time to download one of my afro-with-bows-in-it photos from that time, I would show you exactly why that is. Perhaps if I was drunk or dared, I might show you my I-want-to-be-Amish hairnet/middle part phase in eighth grade. As I told my fellow pumpkin-carvers at Christina's on Saturday night, there's nothing scarier to a twelve year-old that this story:

I was in a girl scout troup of four in seventh grade and one time, in the car, one of my fellow girls was looking at each of us closely and made the following statement: "Gretchen, I want your hair -- Annie, I want your hair -- Sarah, I do NOT want your hair."

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Wow. That's really, really creepy. (The fairy wing lady, not your hair.)

sarahww said...

Even more creepy? Last night, on Halloween, there were multiple dominatrix mannequins on the porch, too.