Monday, April 02, 2007

One Angry Sarah

I got served today. My first jury duty ever.

I figure it will finally put to use all my detectiving skills from years of Nancy Drew and the Boxcar Children. Currently, my skills are pretty much put to use solving cases involving missing chocolate chip cookies that I put in the refrigerator for a day and time of my choosing. But with Tanya lacking opposable thumbs, it's a pretty open-and-shut case in a house of two.

So this should be much more challenging.

4 comments:

Christina said...

I LOVE JURY DUTY! I know that probably is not a popular opinion, but I always have a good time. It's an enforced vacation, and sometimes I get to be on a case, observing the intricacies of the American justice system.

But then again, Atticus Finch is a real person in my world.

ECG got served this week too. You aren't alone.

sarahww said...

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm very excited. I plan to do everything in my power to get on the jury. : )

So funny that E got served -- so did Russ's classmate Holly and her husband. Tis the season, I guess.

Elizabeth & Joshua said...

I'm sure it's Josh's turn next. Or Squirt's... (Uh-oh. Are graduate students exempt?)

sarahww said...

Two other people I know got served on the same day as I did. Small world. I bet Josh is next week.