Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Oh, The Weather Outside Is Frightful

It's raining outside right now, so hard that the windows are no longer transparent. I have my workshop on Tuesday nights and it seems that every Tuesday night this semester, it has either rained on my way to or from school. I have taken advantage of this afternoon with a heating pad on my feet and by reading. Not a bad way to spend a rainy afternoon.

This is sort of a cop-out. Not the reading, but the fact that I have paperwork up to my ears that I have justified putting off until the last minute. Getting older has not curbed any of my last minute tendencies, as I once figured it would. Russell says that my saving grace is that I'm extremely organized and quick, so I can put things off until the last minute and still turn out something good. He shakes his head at this, since he works very differently. Anyway, I have a lot of things to do -- paperwork for scholarships, grants, and any other sort of writing people might want to pay me to do. I've been getting great feedback on my novel by people who have nothing to gain by being nice to me, and thus, I think, are probably being truthful. That's a good feeling. I wonder if my potential agent in Atlanta, who read the first chapter and then asked for the entire manuscript, is drumming her fingers on her desk, wondering where it is because she has to know what happens next. Okay, probably not, but isn't it fun to dream?

Tomorrow night might be a close-to-all-nighter. If so, I'm sure that you'll get it in blogging.

1 comment:

sarahww said...

Thesis crunching is a good way to put it. Then Lee and I had to actually drive to get Suzanne's signature at Lisa Glatt's house. SO embarrassing.

Let us be your example! : )