Friday, March 10, 2006

On This Wild Night, We Have...

Hail. Yes seriously, hail the size of dimes. It's a L.A. snowstorm. Undeterred by frozen water balls, Russ went outside and did a little Shawshank spin for good measure.

(I also have a friend named Hale and I keep typing his name instead of the meteorological phenomena. Hail, not Hale.)

Two trips to Traders Joe's within 1 hour. The cashier, Brian, joked that we forgot the food the first time. Ha ha ha, Brian.

The first two DVDs from Season 1 of Reno 911. There's a lot of numbers in the previous sentence -- try to wrap your head around the numbers as best you can.

Papers to write on creation myths and land art, books to read on Dog Soldiers. Novels to continue on aquariums, Scrabble, and the fine state of Tennessee. I'm going to visit Tennessee sometime soon, hopefully this summer. Also on the agenda this summer: Illinois, North Carolina, and Panama. Possibly Italy for two weeks in the fall.

Dodgers season tickets with Eitan, Kristan, and Hale (not hail). I call all the games vs. the Cubs.

Endless distraction by Blogger, MySpace, and Ebay. I check to see if my favorite bloggers post all the time. I'm definitely disturbed. I probably should've given up this incessant checking for Lent, but have decided that I am taking this Lent off. If you can do that. Which I am.

Steak and creamed brussel sprouts for dinner, homemade bread pudding with chocolate and cherries for dessert. Green tea optional.

A cleaned out refrigerator, a cleaned out trash can, and dishes out of the sink. I spent the day de-smelling all three locations. I won't tell you what I found in each. It would make you gag. Grad school fridge, trash, and sink is not pretty.

A renewed appreciation for the designs of Ella Moss. She makes the most comfortable t-shirts in the world.

The guilty pleasure of watching What I Like About You. It's silly, yes, I know, but sort of edgy at the same time. Not Sopranos or Arrested Development edgy, but a little bit Sex and the City edgy.

Freesia blooming in the back yard, irises and daffodils in the side yard, Mexican evening primrose in the front. In short, a good smelling yard, now covered with hail (not Hale).

A desire to see the movie version of Ask the Dust. I was invited to go with Shanna and Rob, but alas, am low on entertainment cash.

Perhaps, just perhaps, a heated game of Nertz later on. Not know Nertz? Check it out, if you dare.

Hail, not Hale. And Hale, not hail.

3 comments:

dreweyyy said...

are you reading 'wordfreak?' if you are, get ready to become completely obsessed with playing scrabble upon completion. my friends got really tired of playing with me after i read that book.

sarahww said...

No, I've never heard of Wordfreak, but maybe I'll pick it up. Russ already hates playing Scrabble, so I'm sure he would love an obsession like that!

kristan said...

i want some bread pudding.