Monday, April 24, 2006

An Age Old Question, Maybe Answered

Russ was scheming this weekend about how exactly to set up two friends of ours whose paths wouldn't cross unless we helped them along. I poked holes in all his hopes by informing him that the guy was already dating someone.

"Man - why do married people like setting up their single friends so much?" he asked. "It's not like it's bad to be single or something."

"Because," I said, "it harkens back to our childhood playing Memory. You find the cards that go together and the more you match, the more points you get."

1 comment:

Hippo said...

That happened to me. A married friend of mine confessed she and her husband had been planning to set me up with one of their friends when I disappointed her by telling her I was dating someone. I failed to be one of their cards.

I'm so looking forward to the reading next week. Alfredo is on the list, does it mean EVERYBODY is going to read? :) It'll be my first time to finally see the second years read. How Exciting!