Thursday, February 09, 2006

Fetch, Fido, Fectch

Things we've discovered about Tanya this last week:

1. She's excellent at playing catch. She'll play until she drops.
2. Like Russell and I, not really that fond of kids.
3. If she's playing catch and can't find the ball, she stands and walks on her hind legs, looking up in the air (as if the ball didn't come down to earth).
4. She likes avocados.
5. She likes to meet other people backwards. As in, being passed to them butt-first. Then, the licking...the incessant licking.

Now then, some other matters of contemplation:

I heard Bush referred to today as "Captain Cuckoo Bananas." I love that.

I've been listening to some really great music lately, mostly Alison Krauss and Sufjan Stevens. It's fun to listen to Sufjan in the car with the windows down. People on the sidwalks look at you funny when they hear his intensely dramatic flute runs.

Why are things such as Britney Spears holding her baby while driving and James Frey still at the forefront of news? As for Britney, okay, yes, not exactly great to hold a baby in your lap while driving, but I remember when my four-year old sister would hang out the window - to her waist - of our Oldsmobile. I also remember being told that if I kept putting my arm out the window, it would get chopped off by a semi truck. So maybe I'm just auto-desensitized. And James -- the guy got fired. So he's obviously had better days. He'll be a fiction writer from now on, he promises.

Fante's The Road to Los Angeles = sort of weird. Fante's Wait Until Spring, Bandini = wonderful and funny and sad. As Dr. Coop said, we should all read Ask the Dust before the movie comes out in March and Colin Farrell forever taints Bandini.

No comments: