Tuesday, December 06, 2005

And that's final

It always happens around the end of the semester -- just when it becomes imperative that I get all my work done in a timely manner, I just want to sit around and play on Ebay or clip my toenails. I want to spend time fiding errant eyebrow hairs. I yearn to organize Russ's messy dresser and secretly hide away that nasty "Isle of Wight" shirt in an undisclosed location. I want to apply for jobs online that I'm neither qualified for nor want, just to see what happens. I find myself fighting the urge to clean the refrigerator and read In Style. I'm dying to run outside and check up on the praying mantis egg in our garden, to see if it's still unhatched.

In other words, I'm up for pretty much anything that keeps me away from doing what I actually need to do.

No comments: