Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Bumps in the Night

I felt another earthquake last night. It was while I was in bed, doing cryptograms. Everything began to vibrate. I thought I was going crazy, because I've been feeling quite a few small shakers over the last two weeks, but when I mentioned it to Christina, she affirmed that I was in fact not going crazy because she'd been feeling them, too. It made me wonder what would happen if there was an earthquake in the middle of the night. It'd be good because a lot of people wouldn't be on the road when the freeways melt into dust. On the other hand, we'd all be screaming and running around in our pajamas wondering if it was just a dream, so we might not make full efforts, thinking, "Ahh, well, we'll all wake up from this."

I had a bizarre dream last night. I dreamed that I was hanging out with a few girls I knew - Jessie Conklin was in there and this girl from Russell's program that I've never met, Haley - plus Jessica Simpson. We were also hanging out with three Australian guys - one of whom was a merging of Jon Stewart, Dermot Mulroney, and Russell (hmmm) - and Nick Lachey. We were in some sort of dormitory, I think at some kind of school because I remember a bunch of us visited a professor's office in the middle of the dream. Everything in this cozy little school/hotel was fine until Paris Hilton and her sister showed up. They were great with cut downs. Everyone hated them. Unfortunately, their presence also ignited fury in Nick Lachey, who turned out to be an evil, butcher knife wielding spawn of Satan. He was seriously Satan's child. When he ran somewhere, he left a trail of fire behind him. So he had to kill all of us and started off with poor Haley. Then it was on to Jessica and I think he must've gotten to her because in the final scenes of my dream, she was nowhere to be found. A lot of the dream involved the group of girls and guys running around and trying to avoid Nick's butcher knife of terror.

But then, the dream took a weird, fascinating turn. When Nick was about to slice off the head of Jessie, his knife wouldn't cut anymore. He was sawing at Jessie's neck and nothng was happening. Instead - or perhaps because of this - he fell in love with Jessie. The last time I saw them in my dream, they were sitting at a bar drinking cocktails. I, of course, fell in love with the JS-DM-GRW character who wanted me to move to Austraila with him. He confessed his love for me when we were clinging to the top of a flagpole, hiding from Satan Nick. At the very end of the dream, I was going with him and in the Quantas terminal at LAX, you didn't ride up escalators, you surfed them. If you didn't catch a metal wave, you had to use the steps. I caught the wave.

Feel free to analyze my craziness.

1 comment:

t.l. blagg said...

you aint so crazy...
i am staying up till the wee hours so i can get my fantasy football team just right for the championship this upcoming weekend.
Well that isnt crazy just sad i guess. Keep blogging...i love it.